October 28th RBES Super Training
Post date: Nov 9, 2012 8:19:30 PM
Please join us for:
SUPER TRAINING ON VERMONT'S 2015 RESIDENTIAL BUILDING ENERGY STANDARDS
Wednesday, October 28th
8:00am - 3:30pm
Three Stallion Inn
This in-depth training session promises to be informative and practical Starting with a review of the RBES, this course will teach participants how to use REScheck software. 2 hours will be spent looking at key situations (wall to ceiling) and discuss current best practice for both new construction and retrofits. There will also be a discussion of the new "Stretch" code, towns' growing role in compliance certification, and what services Efficiency Vermont provides.Dave Keefe of Efficiency Vermont has taught many courses on this subject to builders, architects, homeowners, and all people involved with residential construction.
The day's session will end with a quick overview of Vermont's other requirements for single family homes (smoke/fire detection, etc).
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- understand the requirements of RBES and apply them to projects;
- understand and use the simplified "packages;"
- understand and use REScheck software for more complicated projects;
- design & construct key parts of buildings for energy efficiency;
- apply best energy efficiency practices to renovations;
- understand new paperwork Vermont's towns are required to use for certification;
- use Efficiency Vermont's services for a range of construction projects;
- understand the basics of the Stretch Code now in place in Vermont;
- understand and apply Vermont's requirements for single family homes.
- David Keefe, Director
8:30 2015 RBES and REScheck software
10:30 15 min break
10:45 Building science & best practices
1:15 Towns' new responsibilities; EVT's services; stretch code.
2:15 15 min break
2:30 Presentation from Department of Fire Safety on requirements for single family homes
$35 per person includes the full day of training, 6 CE credits, continental breakfast, lunch, and a one-year membership in BSA-VT!
Continuing Education Credits:
6 hours for ICC and AIA (with HSW & SD)
Registration is $85 and includes the full day of training, continental breakfast, lunch and a one-year membership in the ICC Building Safety Association of Vermont!
To Register, select your category from the drop-down menu, then click on “Buy Now”.